 CAD / MLCad / 714
713  |  715
Subject:
MLCAD ideas for part authoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:16:37 GMT

I have a suggestion for making MLCAD more useful for part authoring.  It
would be cool if there were a special mode for part authoring.  While in
this mode, instead of the part lists to the left, you would have primitive
and subfile lists.  The same would be true if you double click on a type 1
line in the text window--instead of the part list coming up, a primitive
and subfile list would pop up.

Another improvement for part authoring mode would be that the zoom buttons
would change so that say, 50% was the smallest and 2000% was the largest.
And maybe add a function so that ctrl-clicking the directional arrows
would stretch a primitive in the direction of that axis.

Another thing I noticed is that when looking at a cylinder from on top,
the cylinder completely disappears, since it has no thickness.  Somehow,
in LEdit (and I think LDLite, too) the cylinder from on top would appear
as a curve (like an edgeline, but in the main color).

I realize this probably isn't a top priority for you, but it never hurts
to ask, right? :-)

-John Van