 CAD / MLCad / 718
717  |  719
Subject:
Newbie help request.... rotation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 19:12:08 GMT

My first foray into MLCAD seems to have been ill-chosen for its' difficulty
- I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help.

The dat file in question is here:

http://www.derick.com/boom.dat

Issue:
The model is a short length of reinforced bridge span, in one dimension,
that employs 16L technic links as cross-bars to maintain tension and thus
give the structure its' strength.

The 16L link runs for 13 studs, and drops 7 2/3 studs. This is a workable
configuration, although somewhat tense, used extensively here:

http://www.derick.com/lego/eb/crane/action.htm

As you can see by the dat file, I have been unable to adjust the rotation of
the 16L links to meet the lower set of Technic friction connectors.

I've tried to understand the rotation coordinate schema in the "Enter
Position & Rotation" menu, but with no positive results, and the last matrix
I calulated was a decade ago, and very poorly then, too.

So could some kind chap help me out and maybe rotate my llinks for me? :-) :-)

I'll put in a good word with Santa...

Many thanks,

Derick Bulkley