 CAD / MLCad / 723
RE: Newbie help request.... rotation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:25:57 GMT

Lar writes:
When I need to rotate parts I hardly ever use the
rotation/position menu. I just go into fine mode (you can
set the  resolution of rotation, 1 degree is usually good
enough for me but I think you can go finer)

Like Lar, I set the fine rotation to something smaller than 15 degrees.
However, I also move the center of rotation (little square on the center of
the part) to the approximate correct position.  I then click the button
which looks like a brick with a little circle in the corner to adjust the
rotation center to the exact point.  Then just rotate the part around the
newly set point until it's in the right position.
HTH and didn't confuse the kech out of you,
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/