 CAD / MLCad / 727
Re: Line Thickness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:41:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

A few days ago I described in passing my desire for thicker lines in
renderings, perhaps as an option.

I'm wondering how hard of an enhancement that would be? I've spent
a little time with LDLite and it's difficult to get the same easy
renderings of an entire MPD.

I've used this feature in LDLITE, and I'd say it's a great way to
achieve an anti aliasing effect on the renderings.

Oh, I agree totally. (except do you mean anti aliasing? I'd call it "thicker
lines")

The images are very nice indeed. My issue is that I can't get a clean
rendering of every step in every submodel of an MPD without jumping through
some severe hoops (since I have 12-15 submodels and something like 150 steps
total across all of them, it matters very much to me how hard it is, I've
put something like 30 hours into making the doodlebug instructions so far...
and I'm looking at having to start over from scratch)

If LDLite understood rotation steps and handled submodels, I'd switch to it
for final renders with not a second thought.

++Lar