 CAD / 5150
Re: Line Thickness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:01:36 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

Oh, I agree totally. (except do you mean anti aliasing? I'd call it
"thicker lines")

Well, after rendering at 300% and then scaling the images down again,
I achieved an effect like that of anti aliasing.  If I hadn't scaled
down the image, the effect would simply be "thicker lines", as you
say.

It all depends on the useage of the function, I suppose.  If the
purpose of the rendering is to make images for the web with smoother
edges, it makes sense to scale the images down.  Otherwise they would
clearly be too large for web publication.

But if the purpose is to make printed instruction sheets, I suppose it
is better to print it as is.

Fredrik