 CAD / MLCad / 48 (-20)
  Re: stupid question?

(...) cut and paste the text out to a file <filename.dat> using notepad (or your favorite text editor) once the file is saved to disk, go to MLCad and choose File | Open and choose the .dat file that you saved. J (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  stupid question?

Since I'm new to all this CAD design I have a simple but troubling question for me. I see all the Ldraw data complied into all these post throughout LUGNET. How do take what has been posted and put that into MLCad? I tried to cut out the info from (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

Hi Jack, I used LDraw to make the model, so I'm not sure what the preview X's are in MLCad. I can help you with your other question though. There are a bunch of programs you can use to collect multi-part models into one file. The one I used is MP (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How to break up multi-dat files?

I apologize for lack of terminology. Here is the question: I downloaded the AT-ST model posted a couple days ago, and want to build it. But it is a "multi" file or whatever they are called, and only has 5 or so parts at the top level. I really want (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) Ah, yes. Thanks for the correction! (...) I'm happy to hear that you liked it. I really want to finish off a few animations before I present it, though. So we'll see if I can get the time to do it during the Christmas holiday. :-) Fredrik (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

Fredrik Glöckner wrote... (...) "hose-seg.dat" in both cases. Could you check that up, please? (...) to seeing that model. // Eric -- "The great thing about Lego isn't that you can build something out of it, the great thing is that you can build (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) I've also made a similar utility for GNU Emacs (available for free for most platforms). There is a description of the algorithm and a tutorial at (URL) need a PNG-enabled browser to see the Emacs screenshots. Sorry about that.) If all goes (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) Normally, you would have to assemble each section of the hose manually, which could be tedious. There's a great utility you could use (if you have MS Excel) that will help you make realistic hoses (though I haven't had that great of results). (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) The straight hoses, and the sections of hoses, should be under the H folder. For bent hoses, you have to make those as submodel files, special for each model/configuration. Steve (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  hoses

I was wondering if the hoses can be used with MLCAD. I have all the updated parts lists and can't locate them in the menu on the right of the screen? Am I doing something wrong by chance or are they not there? Brett (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: almost did it!

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:5F5VOBMLJAdaxZN...4ax.com... (...) it got (...) model up (...) editing a (...) together. (...) LeoCAD has a very nice (IMHO) solution to this. It enables user to select which bricks (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** MLCAD V1.6 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

Thanks for the new MLCad. I like the new move-mode better than the sliders. There is still a fault in save picture. On almost all off the pics off the model I just tried, there is missing surfaces in some off the bricks. I can E-mail you one off the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: almost did it!

(...) I haven't used MLCAD extensively (yet), but I'm wondering if breaking a model up into several submodels would help? That way, you'd only be faced with editing a big scene in the last step, where you're putting all the sub-models together. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist

(...) The box is the dialog. But it's still a 'mea culpa' -- I was talking about the newer version of LDAO, which never came out of beta. There were some healthy (in the sense of both good and sizeable) changes in the Inliner interface between 2.0.4 (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  almost did it!

almost completed a <i>full</i> model in MLCAD (set 4554) but alas after it got to big.. mlcad was sl.o..w...i...n.. d....o....w......n mlcad is sweet, user frendly indeed.. but im sorry mike, ledit is always going to be faster. keep up the good work (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  **** MLCAD V1.6 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

MLCad V1.6 is available now! New features are: - Scrollbar less drawing and viewing areas - New Move-Mode for scrolling the model in the views - New Outline mode for fastest drawing - Enhanced Color Dialog for redefining colors or creating custom (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist

(...) OK, I did this with MLCad. (...) They're all in the model dir. Launching ldlite on the main (.dat) model file correctly displays the whole thing. (...) OK, did this (...) What dialog? All I get is a box displaying the file with three buttons (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Larry Pieniazek wrote: [How do I convert an MPD model to a single-file DAT model?] There are two steps to this operation: first you've got to split your MPD, converting the single MPD to several DATs. Then you've got to inline (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist

(...) OK, so how do I do it? when I press the inline button in LDAO with a model selected, I get a textbox with my file in it but I don't see any new file written, or any changes to the old file. So what am I doing wrong. Again, what I want to do is (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

Johannes Keukelaar wrote ... (...) The prog. always crashes for me, after the first picture. With a pagefault. Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact