 CAD / MLCad / 38
Re: almost did it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:04:25 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:5F5VOBMLJAdaxZNFXHQZlY15TF7n@4ax.com...
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, thomas burger wrote:

almost completed a <i>full</i> model in MLCAD (set 4554) but alas after • it got
to big.. mlcad was sl.o..w...i...n.. d....o....w......n

I haven't used MLCAD extensively (yet), but I'm wondering if breaking a • model up
into several submodels would help?  That way, you'd only be faced with • editing a
big scene in the last step, where you're putting all the sub-models • together.

LeoCAD has a very nice (IMHO) solution to this. It enables user to select
which bricks should be shown or hidden, so by making only the bricks
required for next step visible, and hiding them before the two-next step,
you can go faster. I've done ~2000 piece models with LeoCAD and know well
what the meaning of slowness, since I think the MLCAD suffering from the
same  problem. Besides, MLCAD is at the very beginning of its life which
probably ads more (LeoCAD already went rather much and, it's performance is
much much better than the beginning and it has many performance enhancers
like background rendering and so)

mlcad is sweet, user frendly indeed.. but im sorry mike, ledit is always • going
to be faster.

That I doubt very much.  There are many graphics technologies of which • LEdit
does not take advantage.  If MLCAD doesn't exploit these performance • boosters,
some other tool will.

Steve

Yeah, me thinks just the same..:-) Trying OpenGL could be nice, since most
of the video cards today supports OpenGL in a way.

Selçuk