 CAD / MLCad / 42
Re: hoses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:26:15 GMT

"Michael Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> writes:

There's a great utility you could use (if you have MS Excel) that
will help you make realistic hoses (though I haven't had that great
of results).  I believe it's located at
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/ if I'm not mistaken.

I've also made a similar utility for GNU Emacs (available for free for
most platforms).  There is a description of the algorithm and a tutorial
at

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/bezier-curve/

(You'll need a PNG-enabled browser to see the Emacs screenshots.  Sorry
about that.)

If all goes well, I hope to present a model which has lots of curved
hoses made with LDraw-mode by the end of the year.  A small teaser is
posted here:

    http://biopc45.uio.no/temp/motion1.jpg

Fredrik