 CAD / MLCad / 357
  (canceled)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) I could provide a MLCad specific bitmap element very quickly. This element could be sized, moved and rotated. Internaly MLCad would handle this element like a normal quad. The disadvantage of this would be that no other program would be able (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) BMP2DAT can be used as a start, but it's not generally viewed as a good final product. Other programs have an option to use a bitmap as a background image. That can be useful for drawing patterned parts. Steve (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  (canceled)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

Well, assuming it's left in some bitmap format, I could update LDView to use a texture map to draw the image. However, adding bitmaps to a .DAT file in some ASCII format is going to make for some really big .DAT files. Alternatively, of course, it (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  (canceled)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

I was just thinking on offering something similar to bmp2dat. The other thing always is that it should be compatible to Ldraw and than you have to convert the bmp to something which LDraw can use too. Michael Travis Cobbs <tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com> (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G06yIC.5C8@lugnet.com... (...) Ahh, ok. Makes sense. On the other hand, it would be really handy if you could somehow indicate what was done, so that if a later renderer had access to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) Rough idea for texture mapping options 0 TEXTURE START <fname> <quadized verison of texture-using parts if needed> 0 TEXTURE END A browser compatible with L-Draw woudl use the quad version ignoring the directive. Otherwise the bitmap in fname (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

Farlie A <alex_farlie@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G08CIH.6B1@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) I could agree on this. (...) obscure (...) Generally possible, but keep in mind that writing code for Gif/Jpeg could be a license issue. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G09Btz.8vC@lugnet.com... (...) That would work great for me, although it would make life easier if the TEXTURE START line included the points making up the four corners of the texture. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) (Hence the suggestionf making it a line type.) OK,Revised Suggestion. (Still needs Further Disscussion) 0 TEXTURE <fname> fname is name of the PNG/JPEG/BMP etc to be used instead of the *.DAT version. The extension of the file shall determine (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Sv: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps (GIF License issue)

As I remember. Another person had the same probleme with the GIF license. But he desided to let his program be freeware, and then it was not a probleme. So I think you could use the GIF format, as long as MLcad is freware. -- Djelle alias Mogens (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  (canceled)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) No, that would be bad. If we're going to break compatibility with all existing programs, let's go a bit farther than just drawing bitmaps. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) [snip] Urg. Why so wordy? Just do: 0 TEXTURE <position vector> <orientation matrix> <filename.type> [START <standard ldraw commands go here> 0 TEXTURE END] The <position vector> and <orientation matrix> parameters are identical to the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message news:oekarsonpfetb7s...4ax.com... (...) I tend to agree about putting it all in 2 separate commands. However, I don't think a position vector and orientation matrix are appropriate. A texture is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Texture mapping spec? (was Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad)

(...) Sorry, Computing course at college showing through. (We were told try and specify EVERYTHING. Unfotunatly there is no concrete defintion of what EVREYTHING is.) (...) Agreed, but with the following questions? (Assuming simple rectangular (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Texture mapping spec? (was Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad)  [DAT]

(...) I second this ideia, and I would also like to add that extra directories never hurt backwards compatibility. I also have to say that you I would like to remember that we should try to follow the path of the more experienced, like the creators (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) You are right. My approach assumed to much and restricted too much. (...) Good point. (...) OK. (...) Right. But if START is required, then it might as well be omitted. My purpose in having an optional START was to allow TEXTUREs without the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Texture mapping spec? (was Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad)

(...) :) I know what you mean. (...) Hmm. There shouldn't be any need for 'nested' textures. Or is 'nested texturing' an area of texture-mapping that I don't know about? Steve (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Texture mapping spec? (was Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad)  [DAT]

(...) I orgot the Texture filename, so: 0 TEXTURE <texture_filename> <vector1> <vector2> <vector3> [<vector4>] So, Resuming again: 0 SET TEXTURE_WRAP on 0 MATRIX TEXTURE 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 Load 0 TEXTURE my_texture1.png 0 0 0 1 1 1 3 16 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message news:4gvcrs8kb1v5s0n...4ax.com... (...) cope (...) I can't think of any reason to "nest" textures. The only reasons I know of to draw multiple textures over one another are to produce different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Texture mapping spec? (was Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad)

(...) This is what I meant by nested textres.- sub-textures. (...) You are right, I was wrong. However a more complex texture could be built up from simpler ones.(I.E No top level texture The sub texture being made up from simpler 'bitmaps') - This (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)