 CAD / MLCad / 153 (-10)
  Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

(...) LIGHT.DAT, >which is nice because it consists of nothing but six lines representing (...) IIRC, LIGHT.DAT is included in the standard LDraw download. At least, it's used in my tutorial[1], and I never had anyone complain :) Personally, I (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

(...) Expanding on what Jeremy wrote, the <0 0 0> point for pieces has been the subject of much discussion. Part of the reason things seem so odd in MLCAD is that MLCAD rotates on the center of the bounding box, not on the <0 0 0> point. Steve (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

(...) It's actually pretty simple, once you get the hang of using a couple of tricks. First of all, you want to *visually* define 0,0,0 in your submodel. To this end, insert a 3070.DAT (1x1 tile) located at 0,0,0; its top surface is centered upon (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

(...) Alright, that's what I was talking about, rotating submodels. Like I've got a 3x4 hinge plat with some of those hexagonal pieces at the end to make a door (think Message Intercept Base) and I want to set the submodel's rotational axis along (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

(...) Be careful criticizing the parts authors when you don't know what you're discussing. They've put a helluva lot more thought into this than you have. For example, at which logical rotation point should 0,0,0 be put? A corner? The centerline for (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis

This must be a problem directed to the partwriters, or what?. I have never made a part, but I think parts must have a 0,0,0 which should be at a logical rotationpoint. But if they place 0,0,0 more or less at random, you have no way of knowing where (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Line of error

(...) If a line doesn't have enough orientation numbers, LDraw will usually choke when it tries to treat the filename as a number. One important thing about LDraw and linebreaks: once it's read enough data to complete a command, LDraw ignores (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Changing the Rotational Axis

I was wondering if there's a way to change the location of the rotational axis in MLCad. I know LDraw does it, or else I wouldn't be asking. Anyway, to give you an idea as to what I'm rambling about, I have a 2x8 plate with a 2x2 turntable at one (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Line of error

Yes, I saw it too - was a rounding problem caused by a small speedup, and could already fix it so that its working again with 1.8. I will try to find another way of reporting load-errors .... I thougt to report errors just once per part and I think (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Line of error

I see that missing triangle also, usually on 3298.dat. It renders fine in POVRay though. Lots of ldraw parts have issues like this when you convert them to .dxf and import them into 3d studio max also. Backface cull only does so much. Bummer. -- (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact