 CAD / MLCad / 148
Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:31:04 GMT

This must be a problem directed to the partwriters, or what?. I have never
made a part, but I think parts must have a 0,0,0 which should be at a
logical rotationpoint. But if they place 0,0,0 more or less at random, you
have no way of knowing where the rotationpoint should be. This is just a
guess.

Parts that rotates and like, should be placed in different submodels at a
logical rotationpoint. Then the submodels is rotated correctly in MLcad.

--
Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen
E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk

Kya Morden <erythrite@hotmail.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:38a3a768.10989248@lugnet.com...
I was wondering if there's a way to change the location of the
rotational axis in MLCad.  I know LDraw does it, or else I wouldn't be
asking.  Anyway, to give you an idea as to what I'm rambling about, I
have a 2x8 plate with a 2x2 turntable at one end.  What I want to do
is to be able to rotate it at that turn table (the whole submodel
actually) so I can render it in a "closed" and "opened" position with
ease instead of having to rotate it, then line up the piece again.
Thanks for you help!