 CAD / MLCad / 150
Re: Sv: Changing the Rotational Axis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:54:12 GMT

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:58:34 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

I actully prefer the current method of putting 0,0,0 on the top surface (note:
not "more or less at random".)  It is much more efficient for the majority of
LEditing -- stacking bricks on top of each other.

Parts that rotates and like, should be placed in different submodels at a
logical rotationpoint. Then the submodels is rotated correctly in MLcad.

Yes, this is currently the best solution for rotation of sub-parts, for any of
the Lego modelling software I've used.  It offers many advantages, including
arbitrary origin placement and easy re-use of sub-parts.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Alright, that's what I was talking about, rotating submodels.  Like
I've got a 3x4 hinge plat with some of those hexagonal pieces at the
end to make a door (think Message Intercept Base) and I want to set
the submodel's rotational axis along the "circle"/clip part of those
hinge plates.  I'll admit, I'm fairly new to MLCad, but I've got this
feeling there is a way to do this.

Kya