 CAD / MLCad / 1238 (-20)
  No versions work. Please help.

MLCAD: Since the 2.12 version does not work I downloaded version 2.12 and WinZip can't even open that up. Do you have any version that does work? Sincerely, Todd A. Schroeder (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD not working. Please help!

MLCAD: I downloaded LDraw and opened up the files. They are saved on my hard drive. I then downloaded MLCAD onto my hard drive and opened up the file with WinZip. I get this error message when I double click on the red icon...Invalid path (no Parts (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)

Doh! Forgot the URL: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)

I've just uploaded the first renders of the progress on my room design. I've used a scale of 1 stud to 1 inch, and if I had enough of the right bricks I could probably build this later :) At the moment I still have quite a bit of work to - the 2 and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

It's working correctly now. Sorry for any bother. Must've been a problem on my end... Best regards, --Ryan (...) a (...) right? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)

(...) I've used LDraw tools to design a loft my children's bedroom, and to design a corner unit for my wife's craft work. I think I posted both designs to one of the lugnet.cad.dat groups. Steve (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)

(...) I have started to create my own sf universe, so I came up to make 3D-maps of the galaxy and their states. For this I used ML-Cad and LDView to view it. Also I started to create Starships without bricks, only as polygone models. CU Bernd (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)

Last night I decided to remodel my living room - currently there's only 1 spot in the room suitable for watching DVDs with the full surround experience, and movie nights with mates are becoming a regular now. So I sat down and though "hey, why not (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Michael, The new features of version 2.12 look handy, including the option to save a parts list (shortcut button; I don't know if that option had been available). But I have noticed that the arrow keys, Home, End, and 'A' do not perform funtions (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Bug in MLCAD 2.12

Bug in MLCAD 2.12 Model names are invlaid if they have spaces. EX. I created a model and called it 'Train Shed Part 01.ldr'. I next created another model and inserted the 'Train Shed Part 01.ldr' model into it and soem other parts. I then saved the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

(...) Was just about to email you & tell you this when I saw your post 8?) Thanks ROSCO (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Wow! What great new features!! Both two things I have been waiting to see for some time!! (...) Under "Edit" > "Sort" (...) Under "Edit..." > "Add" > "Autosteps..." I also just noticed something else new. I am not sure if this has been added in the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Some strange problem occured during packaging the new version. I've tried the executable in the zip-file and in my case it crashed all the time ... no idea what's going on. However I repackaged everything and now it seems to be fine ... Please (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

What OS are you using? When I installed V2.11 on my Win XP, it crashed frequently and Michael sent me an Alpha patch to fix it (still had probs from time to time). I have not installed the 2.12 yet. Thanks. Adrian "Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Hello! I am happy there is a new version but this version is definetly not working here. If i reinstall the old version everything is perfect. The new version doesn't start up: no error , no window .. nothing. Just wrote email to Michael. Play well (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  ** MLCAD V2.12 **

I happy to announce that MLCad V2.12 is out now. The most importand change in this release is the bug-fix for the unsolicted crash of MLCad, some corrections for LDR and two new things: - Sorting of parts in a model by color, name or position - (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My transparency colors are all BLACK now

Try going to Settings->General->Change and look at the shading optimizations. If it is set to maximum, change it. I've had the same problem before. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  My transparency colors are all BLACK now

I knew I should not have touched that button but alas I did. I clicked on the default button (settings->general) and now whenever I want to make a part transparent it won't! MLCad said that the color is a custom color but shows BLACK on the view (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Problem

Hi John, I presume you are using Mlcad, if so you can go to settings, general, change and then (Step,Grid,Snap) simply change a rotation box ie 22.5 (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Can you customize built-in colors?

(...) Thanks- I'll look into it. I guess it's time to start comparing the rendering of all the editors out there. For my current problem, I ended up rendering with POV-Ray. I realized while doing so that substeps may actually be a little easier (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact