 CAD / MLCad / 1235
Re: Interesting non-LEGO uses for MLCad (also applies to LDraw and alike editors)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:28:24 GMT

I've just uploaded the first renders of the progress on my room design. I've
used a scale of 1 stud to 1 inch, and if I had enough of the right bricks I
could probably build this later :)

At the moment I still have quite a bit of work to - the 2 and 3 seater sofas
are just flat brick areas at the moment, they need 3Ding like the chair
(which is pretty rough but helps me plan the room). The fireplace needs to
be built, and the floor completed. I've also got to the walls, windows, and
door, but that'll happen after the furniture is done. Then after that come
the little touches like shelves and sockets, and then I'll probably
construct some bookcases from catalogue designs so I can see what fits
nicely in the spare alcove before buying anything. I might even have a crack
at rendering a walkthrough or using QTVR to make a panoramic 360degree
render so I can see how the room looks when sitting in each seat or standing
in different points in the room.

I haven't had this much fun in ages. Seems that finally getting my
depression out of the way and deciding to get the house decorated (I've been
living in for 6 months and I still have no carpets or curtains and all of
the walls are plain magnolia) is getting my LEGO creative juices flowing too
:)

Dan