 CAD / MLCad / 1208 (-20)
  Re: Newbie Question

reviving an old thread... Thomas Main wrote on December 17, 2001, (...) Thomas, I have written a tutorial which I am about to send to Tim regarding MPD's, exporting, and inlining. That should be of help. Best regards, --Ryan (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie Question

reviving an old thread... Andy Lynch wrote on December 17, 2001, (...) Here's another way, but it involves hacking a bit in the actual .dat code. In the main model file, insert the first brick of the sub model where you want it. Save the file. Then (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Parts List mis-ordered?

Help! Every once in a while when I start a new model in MLCAD, the thumbnail view of the parts list is not in alphabetical order....any ideas why? How do I fix this? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Yes, I'm pretty sure ldglite negates both the y and z coords just before calling any OpenGL functions. If I remember right, the reason the LDRAW coordinate system is so odd is because it started out in 2D screen pixel coords and the 3D view (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) This actually looks like the best solution to me. It gets around lots of unforseen problems. For instance, when I originally did the scene on the stairs, I tilted the camera by looking up the stairs with the look_at parameter. But that caused (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) I actually had to do something similar in LDView in order to get models to view properly using OpenGL (although I used a 180 degree rotation about Z followed by one about Y). I wonder if any of the other programmers out there had similar (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Here is the new simplified camera: camera { spherical location <-320,-239,0> // position look_at <-320,-239,1> // view scale <0,0,-1> // flip it rightside up } I'm not sure why the flip works, or why it is needed. I think it is because or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Yes, as I recently suggested here in another thread: (URL) I think a comand line option of -ci<filename> to include a premade POV camera file might also benefit that technique." This would make all sorts of things possible, including things we (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) <snip> (...) Actually it would be cool to place the camera with L3P. I believe h_angle and v_angle default to 180, and 360, so they are probably not needed. I think you can avoid the translation with location/look_at. Not sure about the Sky (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) wait - Name of image (gif or jpeg) to be displayed during download. Specify path relative to html-document. This image is displayed centered in the applet window. Example: <PARAM name=fov value="room0preview.jpg"> (...) (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

Wow, that's pretty cool! 2 questions Is there any way of getting rid of that grey color when the image first loads up? That's kind of ugly. Also, I bet you've been asked this before, but where can I find this viewer and instructions on how to use (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

Chuck Sommerville wrote... (...) Wow, this is cool. Would you like just an option to suppress the camera, or some options to support spherical, h_angle, v_angle ? (are h_angle always 360 and v_angle 180?) Can you avoid the translate by using (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 1 question on MLCAD does it have a part limit like Ldraw?

(...) Gatehouse. You could break it up, but it doesn't really work for a full-scale gatehouse for a castle. The walls are 16 dots thick and filled with filler brick (various colors). Trust me the project is enormous! It really does do better to have (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Doyle Nelson wrote in message ... (...) I don'y know if MLCAD will do 12000 pieces, but you'd probably want to break it down if at all possible. The most I've worked with is 2400 pieces and trying to work with the model once it's done (add steps, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 1 question on MLCAD does it have a part limit like Ldraw?

(...) That would be Great. I figured MLCad was only limited to your sytems specs. I have a Very powerful system that the Company provided me with.:-) Though it would be nice to know if anyone reached 12,000 or more? (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 1 question on MLCAD does it have a part limit like Ldraw?

I've found out that MLCad can at least handle 5000 pieces. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  1 question on MLCAD does it have a part limit like Ldraw?

Hello, You are all aware that LDraw has that 1000 part limit and then must be sub-constructed. What my question is, does MLCad have the same limit or is it unlimited? My projects (Castle) do not really have or a conducive for Sub-models in Quantity. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) I did THANKS! (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) POV 3.5 Beta I guess you missed this: (URL) fun. -Chuck (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) I was looking through my POVRAY doc and did not see a spherical camera. I only saw a fisheye projection, and a ultra wide angle projection. Were you using one of those? What version of POVRAY are you using? I'm using 3.1g. (...) Ditto! (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact