 CAD / MLCad / 1147
Re: Newbie Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 05:26:48 GMT

I'm having trouble following this discussion, could someone explain the
steps required to get leg.dat (example filenames) to show up as it's parts
in walker.dat?

Thanks

QBF

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Andy Lynch writes:
<snip>
Yes, I think it is called inlining.  I'm pretty sure that the Export
option on the File menu will do this.  I tested it with a large MPD that
I have been working on and it created one file.  When I loaded that file
into MLCad, and I clicked on a piece that was originally included in a
subfile, I was able to select it individually.

-Andy Lynch

Success!  When I imported the model under the Multipart menu and then • exported
it using the export menu option, I was able to get the .dat file with
individually selected pieces.  I thought I had tried this yesterday...but • I
guess getting a little distance from the problem eliminated the "duh!" • factor.
Thanks, Andy!

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com