 CAD / MLCad / 1139
Re: Newbie Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:43:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Andy Lynch writes:
<snip>
If you want to "normalize" all of the parts inside your subfiles into
your main file, then on the file menu there is an option named Export
which will do that.  I haven't used it too much, so I would backup my
work before I worked too much with it.

If anyone knows of a shorter method to do the above tasks, I'd love to
hear it too...  :-)

Yeah, the part I am having trouble with is the "normalizing" of parts.  In my
7834final.dat file, I have two "parts" that are marked with a red circle
instead of a green brick...these are the two submodels (7834fig.dat and
guardhouse.dat) that I added as custom "parts."  I tried the export
function....but then when I opened the resulting .dat file I was only able to
display the set minus these two sub-models.  When I open the original file, of
course, I can see the guardhouse and fig as part of my model....but others who
want to see it wouldn't have access to these two custom parts I created (which
are really sub-models, I guess).  So, how might I undo the guardhouse.dat file
as a single part and get it to look like the bunch of parts it really is inside
the 7834final.dat file (in which it just looks like a single piece right now)?

Any further help is appreciated :)

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com