 CAD / MLCad / 1143
Re: Newbie Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:33:51 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com>
To: <lugnet.cad.mlcad@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie Question

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GoI6sL.9y7@lugnet.com...

Hmmm...I can import all three .dat files that way, but I can't • seem to
combine
them.  For instance...if I copy the pieces that make up the • minifig
file and
then change the active model to the guardhouse file, I cannot • paste
those
pieces in.  Is there another approach I should be using?

The problem I have is that two parts show up in my 7834final.dat • file
(guardhouse.dat and 7834fig.dat) that other people won't have if • I
post the
7834final.dat file as is...

Isn't what Thomas is referring to known as "inlining"?  I am also • interested
in this topic.

Mike

Yes, I think it is called inlining.  I'm pretty sure that the Export
option on the File menu will do this.  I tested it with a large MPD that
I have been working on and it created one file.  When I loaded that file
into MLCad, and I clicked on a piece that was originally included in a
subfile, I was able to select it individually.

-Andy Lynch