 CAD / MLCad / 1138
Re: Newbie Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:56:25 GMT

Ok, I think I understand.

If I understand correctly, you just want to place the sub files into
your main file so that they display in the correct place?

Try this:
Drop down the Active Model list, just above the list of pieces in your
model.
Remember the name of the file exactly.
While you have your main file active, Click on the "Add Part" button.
In that window, click on the "Custom Part" check box to turn it on.
In the text field next to the checkbox, type the name ot your sub file,
exactly.
Click Ok.

This will add the sub file to your main file, and allow you to move it
around as if it was a part itself.

If you want to "normalize" all of the parts inside your subfiles into
your main file, then on the file menu there is an option named Export
which will do that.  I haven't used it too much, so I would backup my
work before I worked too much with it.

If anyone knows of a shorter method to do the above tasks, I'd love to
hear it too...  :-)

-Andy Lynch