Re: Renaming of 2916.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:25:48 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Robert M. Rodinsky wrote:

True, but I feel this part might fall under Larry's "terribly unwieldy"
escape clause.  Even if he doesn't think so.

It might.

Anyway... I'm not convinced that
   Wedge Brick 4 x 6 x 2 & 2/3
is a better (ie, more useful) name than
   Train Front Wedge  4 x  6 x  2 & 2/3

I can see your point. And I must admit that the first
category I would search for this part under would be
"Train". - Which certainly implies that "train" at least
should be a keyword for the part.

But there seems to be a number of people opposed to the placement of
this part in Train.  Do Larry and Jacob agree this part should be in
Wedge?

Sort of. In principle (can you write that in English?) it
should be in the "Wedge" category. But since I know that it
isn't the first place I would search for it myself, I am
open to place it elsewhere (read: in the "Train" category).

I'd like 2917 and 2916 to be categorized together, since they are often
used together.  But I can guess it's not going to happen.

I think we have to play some tricks (or cheat for the sake
of "user friendliness") to have them show up together. It
seems like it is time to suggest a new field for the part
file heads; "ASSOCIATE". It should be used by editors to
automatically show the parts listed in the "ASSOCIATE" field
of a part, so it is easier for the user to find parts
relevant to the last most recently inserted part.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Formula One Racers (with building instructions):
        http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Biler/Formel-1/