Re: MPD, the OMR, and Incomplete Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:37:18 GMT

At 07:26 PM 6/15/99 +0000, Scott R Dennett wrote:
And what about part mock-ups for which there is no known part • number?  How
would those be referenced?

Steve

What do you mean? If a piece gots voted in then it's official
even
if we don't know a number for it, correct?

Yes, but that could cause problems down the road.  We do try to find
numbers for as many parts as possible, but sometimes the TLG part number is
not available.  We will have to have a system of updating the models once
official numbers become available.  I know LDAO allows this... When we
update OMR models, should it have a updated marker next to it and also
should it be mentioned in a periodical ldraw.org newsletter?

yes...an newsletter.  I have been thinking this over but obviously it will
not begin until ldraw.org is live and running for a while.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com