 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 845
Re: How to get L3P coordinates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:04:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona wrote:

Can you describe more about how LDView is crashing? I also use LDView on the
Mac. I believe there are a few things that don't work (and may cause a crash) in
the current Mac version, but the camera info seems to work fine here. I'd be
glad to try to help you figure out what is going on.

Sure. I'd already sent a mail to Travis and he's looking into it; but if you get
an idea, I suppose he wouldn't frown at your intervention either.

Unfortunately there isn't much to say: at first I installed it, played a bit
with it and found it quite good already.

Then I found my way to the preferences box and started tweaking with a lot of
things and found it was not just quite good, but really great.

Then I have no clue what exact settings I applied, but since then, when I try to
launch it, it simply crashes (well, "quits unexpectedly"). Doesn't even hav time
to display anything, window or menubar. I can forward you the generated report
if you're into that sort of things. I'm not even sure if it crashed on the spot
or if it waited the next launch.

No, I don't need the report. It doesn't sound like something I can diagnose - I
just asked on the chance that there was a specific setting or command you had
tried that I could duplicate to help identify the problem, if I had not
encountered it myself already.

I'm not quite proficient with the Mac, so I didn't try much to solve the problem
- at first I tried reinstalling it, then I tried to get rid of the file
~/Library/Preferences/LDView.plist just in case it'd contin anything nasty, but
it didn't help.

Worth a shot, though. I was going to suggest deleting the preferences if the
problem started after tweaking some settings, but sounds like you already tried
that.

Ah! Here is something for you to try, though. Try deleting the file
"com.trolltech.unknown-organization.plist" from your Preferences folder, if
present. (Trolltech produces Qt, the interface kit used by LDView.) This file
appears to contain the bulk of LDView's actual preferences.

I'm willing to erase any other file that could hold the key to the crash; but of
course it's probably far more interesting for everybody to nail the issue.

True. If deleting the trolltech preferences file resets it successfully, you
could always try going through the preferences again one at a time until you
find the setting that caused the problem.

Jim