 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 842
Re: How to get L3P coordinates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:34:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:

What I'd like is something where I can load a model, turn it around somehow,
zoom in, out, in short, act as I control the camera, and then it'd tell me the
L3P camera coordinates I'm currently viewing the model from.

Am I correct in thinking LDview does that? It's a functionality I didn't get
time to check. Is there any other way?

Yep, LDView can do this for you. After you open a model and position the view as
you would like, select "Show POV-Ray Camera Info" from the "Tools" menu. A
dialog containing coordinates you can copy will appear.

Can you describe more about how LDView is crashing? I also use LDView on the
Mac. I believe there are a few things that don't work (and may cause a crash) in
the current Mac version, but the camera info seems to work fine here. I'd be
glad to try to help you figure out what is going on.

Jim