 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 844
Re: How to get L3P coordinates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:27:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona wrote:

Yep, LDView can do this for you. After you open a model and position the view as
you would like, select "Show POV-Ray Camera Info" from the "Tools" menu. A
dialog containing coordinates you can copy will appear.

Guess I'll just have to do that on a PC sometimes then...

Can you describe more about how LDView is crashing? I also use LDView on the
Mac. I believe there are a few things that don't work (and may cause a crash) in
the current Mac version, but the camera info seems to work fine here. I'd be
glad to try to help you figure out what is going on.

Sure. I'd already sent a mail to Travis and he's looking into it; but if you get
an idea, I suppose he wouldn't frown at your intervention either.

Unfortunately there isn't much to say: at first I installed it, played a bit
with it and found it quite good already.

Then I found my way to the preferences box and started tweaking with a lot of
things and found it was not just quite good, but really great.

Then I have no clue what exact settings I applied, but since then, when I try to
launch it, it simply crashes (well, "quits unexpectedly"). Doesn't even hav time
to display anything, window or menubar. I can forward you the generated report
if you're into that sort of things. I'm not even sure if it crashed on the spot
or if it waited the next launch.

I'm not quite proficient with the Mac, so I didn't try much to solve the problem
- at first I tried reinstalling it, then I tried to get rid of the file
~/Library/Preferences/LDView.plist just in case it'd contin anything nasty, but
it didn't help.

I'm willing to erase any other file that could hold the key to the crash; but of
course it's probably far more interesting for everybody to nail the issue.

Thanks for your help, and I'd take the opportunity to thank not only you but
every person working on LEGO-related Mac software, what's available right now is
truly impressive.

Jean-Marc