 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 785
    Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Lutz Uhlmann
   Hi, I need some programm to create bitmaps (or other file formats) stepwise instructions, just like the old Ldraw did in DOS. I tried ldglite, but it just shows a white window, even after loading a model. Do I need some addtional software? I am (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Jim DeVona
   (...) I'd like something like that too. Although I don't think there's currently anything that will make the whole instructions for you, Bricksmith's "Export Steps" option may be a useful start. It creates a separate LDraw file for each step in your (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Lutz Uhlmann
     (...) yes, I just thought the export option of Bricksmith just would generate pictures, but ended up with single step LDRs. They are of use for rendering, indeed. makes still some work... (...) Yes, I have done as a bypass so far. (...) Ah, thanks. (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

         Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Travis Cobbs
     (...) If you want, I can send you an alpha-quality Intel Mac binary of LDView 3.2, which can render the files (even from the command line), but I don't think it will be any easier to use than ldglite if you get ldglite to work. LDView doesn't (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Christopher Masi
   (...) Odd... one of the first things I did was check to see if LDGLite worked on my MacBook, and it worked without a problem. My first guesses are that your LDRAW dir didn't get copied over from your old computer, and/or your (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Jim DeVona
   (...) Hmm. I'm curious how it works on your machine. There's not a problem with my LDraw directory or $LDRAWDIR definition; it's an environment variable, regardless of where it's defined. The problem isn't with the LDraw parts, its with the visible (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Christopher Masi
   (...) Jim, I'm not a programmer, but as it was explained to me by Don Heyse, that the only way for a double-clickable Mac application to get information about unix-like environment variables is if that variable is specified in a file called (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Jim DeVona
   (...) OK. I've set up a proper .MacOSX/environment.plist now, but I can't see that it's made any difference. The [mis]behavior is the same. This and the video information your provided supports my gut feeling that the problem is limited to the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Don Heyse
     (...) I haven't followed all of this, but I suspect this is probably a driver issue. Ldglite is getting pretty old. It's so old that when I wrote the opengl bits the hardware (and software opengl) of the time was typically unable to render the model (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

         Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Jim DeVona
     (...) Good call. I ran it with -n4, and that makes things visible during rotation. The status bar and final appearance of the model (after you stop rotating, if your rotation style is different) don't get drawn until obscured by a menu, etc., so (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

         Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Don Heyse
     (...) cockpit is drawn with a stipple function that's buggy in many ATI drivers. And the ledit text (toolbar?) is still drawn in the front buffer. The latest source code in CVS is patched for the toolbar problem on some radeon cards because it was (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures —Christopher Masi
   (...) [...] (...) Oh, I thought you got no model displayed when launching the Mac bundle. I figured that with the environment.plist file, you'd at least get the the model displayed. On my old PowerBook I used this as a environment.plist <?xml (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)