 CAD / Development / Search Results: Stickers in LDraw
 Results 2881 – 2900 of about 7000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

(...) Rosco, Unfortunately, MLCAD's use of WRITE is a really bad example, because MLCAD is mis-using an already standard meta-command. Plus, 0 WRITE statements are not allowed in official parts, so any part authors who create their files in MLCAD (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

Thanks Dan, I created page (URL) that has my current list of known meta-commands for LDraw 0.27 as well as those that have been invented since. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Making LDraw accessible to the average computer user is a great thing! But, as you mentioned yourself - these users won't be editing the files by hand, they'll be using "good, free CAD software". So whatever meta commands they need to add, the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

(...) This is the approach that Michael Lachman on MLCAD. In an email, where he gave us permission to include his meta-command descriptions in our LDraw specification (yay!) he indicated that he has started to use MLCAD as his module name for all (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  DAT Curves Plugin For LDDesignPad Version 2.5.1

(...) Ok. The rotation now centers on the Bounding Box center. Get it at: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

I don't think of any new meta-commands as polution. Possibly over-population? I've got mixed feelings about the LTrax solution. It is very hard to know which meta-commands will be usable across many applications. Certainly the original LDraw (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

(...) Travis, I could not agree more. I've been tossing around the concepts of an LDraw file format standards body with Tim and others, and IMHO the weakest link in the LDraw file format is that comments and meta-commands use the same record type. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Ldraw Viewer 0.5

Once again it seem I have too much spare time, since I have elevated Ldraw Viewer to development version 0.5. The big change is that you can now rotate parts using the mouse (rather than by dialog box). I have also eliminated a number of bugs (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) besides, if we add a new linetype, we're breaking LDRAW.EXE and LEDIT.EXE, wouldn't we? (...) I think that's a great idea :) (...) I'm sorry, I can't understand why it's "too difficult" to enter {} by hand. It's on the standard keyboard. The (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin Clague writes: Mucho Snippo. (...) Excellent points, Kevin! All - I can second everything Kevin is saying here. Through many private exchanges, and by meeting Kevin at BricksWest, I've come to understand his position on this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HBvHFv.1x9E@lugnet.com... (...) This is not at all uncommon in programming languages, take Pascal for example (UCSD-Pascal, Delphi): A comment can be (* any characters except the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

Orion Pobursky wrote: What are we going to do when DOS support in PC OS's goes away completely? I have run into this problem with Windows XP, not so much with LEdit and LDraw--I use L3P more often. Thankfully, there is still a Win98 SE computer in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Understood. I think we need to focus on creating legitimacy for making decisions on standards before actually making decisions on standards. ;-) (...) That's a resonable request. Here's some thoughts -- I think the standards body will be (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Point taken, but I still think developers should discuss what they want to add with LDraw.org and Lugnet.cad.dev so that they don't add something that's already been added or being developed. -Orion (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  LTrax Commands (was: Calling all Meta-commands)

I have some LTrax commands. (LTrax is an LDraw compatible "Track Designer") The LTrax are not 'official' LCad commands, but I wish to reserve the keyword. 0 LTrax Position <x y z> 0 LTrax Angle <v> [Degs*] 0 LTrax Object 9Volts\Straight.txt** 0 (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Calling all Meta-commands

(...) Kevin & Travis - These are very good points. As a non-programmer, but someone who has a general knowledge of the LDraw file format, I think it is a good idea to separate comments from meta-commands. Also, talk of a standards body is a good (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) right. (...) but you just said you're doing that anyway - "if you do not recognize the first token in a line type 0 record, it is a comment". Is adding '{META}' to the list of recognizable tokens an issue? Also, you don't have to add it - if (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Well this was one of the reasons behind my original suggestion. (This thread sure did take off while I was away skiing this weekend.) I suggested that a new meta command group be made today, albeit before the creation of a standards body, so (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Having read the other replies to this post, I feel that--no matter how well-intentioned--putting a lock on new meta-commands is both wrong and impractical. The simple fact is that all LDraw-based development is done voluntarily. As such, it's (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Latest BFC Spec?

(...) Thanks, Orion! Would you mind emailing me the plain text, so I can assemble it on a web page for LDraw.org? We can also host the PDF you created on the server for those who prefer it in that format. -Tim (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 0.306)

More:  Next Page >>