 CAD / Development / 964
Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 03:15:41 GMT

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 21:56:59 GMT, "SCOTT R  DENNETT" <dennett@agate.net>
wrote:

On 4/1/99, at 8:43 AM, blisses@worldnet.att.net wrote:

I think the current plans are to change the original lines to dark grey,
and put a new silver surface on the part, 0.001 larger.

Sounds good to me. The part number for that piece is the same as any other=
2x4 brick, 3001.

Ryan, I was kidding.  Unless we have a part number for the chromed version,
there's no reason to create a new file for it.

I didn't read through the whole original message, but I=
assume you are planning to have a totally new category for chrome parts?=

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have a category for chromed parts.  That
would be a little like having a category for blue parts. Well, sort of.

If you use LDAO, you can create your own categories in the VEC, then move
the parts to those categories.  Drag the part image and drop it on the
category name.

Steve