 CAD / Development / 8377 (-20)
  Re: Ldglite, crosshair in LEdit emu mode?

(...) Ah, I searched for "crosshair" in the documentation, but didn't check what the axis was. It looks like it displays the rotation centre at all time? That's useful. As you say, it works in a different way than the LEdit crosshair, but it's still (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite, crosshair in LEdit emu mode?

(...) It might already have what you want. Look for the Axis command on the Turn menu. The command is something like /ta to toggle it. It's not exactly the 2D crosshair from LEdit, but it could be useful. If not, let me know what would make it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Ldglite, crosshair in LEdit emu mode?

I have used the LEdit emulation mode in Ldglite a lot recently, and I find it very useful. However, there is one graphical feature that I miss from the orginal LEdit, namely the crosshair. The crosshair is useful when rotating parts, to see where (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

(...) That's why I use LDAO. ctl-x, ctl-y, ctl-z for rotating in the Editor. Steve (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Working on Update 2003-01

(...) Progress yesterday was close to zero due to unavailability of ldraw.org for much of the day. Maybe today... Chris (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?

(...) The easiest way would be a list of updates for example a simple text file containing the package names and date of release. This way an application can check when it last downloaded an update and incrementally load newer updates or even (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?

(...) I don't like making "standards" that only work for products from one company. But nothing prevents somebody from implementing a protocol as a DLL for Windows - or as an Open Source library that anybody can use. But first we should agree on a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Working on Update 2003-01

I'm going to be working on LDraw Update 2003-01 this weekend. During this time, the Parts Tracker may be shutdown for file submissions and review posting. Thank you for your patience. Chris (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

Once the numbering system is in place, we then can deal with the next sticky issue: part names. Since everyone will want their names to be the final name chosen, I would like to sidestep that issue - there should not be a final name chosen. But (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?

(...) Someone recently suggested to me a parts updater DLL we could have for download at LDraw.org, to have one standard parts downloader for modeler programs, and so programmers don't have to re-invent the wheel. I know this would apply to Windows (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?

(...) Basically yes. > how about all this (...) I think there still are some details about the license for the parts library which aren't finalised, but Steve knows more about that. (...) That depends on what you mean. The trick of doing it with a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

(...) no, you don't. do you remember "the voice" and his song: "my way". you just have to find your way. every author has his own. he will tell you that the one which suites him best is the ideal one, but there is no master plan... what counts is (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

(...) I am very anxious(sp?) to see this (...) Have you considered SynEdit? You can find it here: (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:13:43 GMT, "Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote: I have the following approach I first modelize the part with a commercial 3D Cad tool : Solidworks, then I export the STL file and convert it to dat with STL2DAT. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

"Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> skrev i meddelandet news:HAxE5J.BAI@lugnet.com... (...) I think it's OK with closed source in a standardized plugin framework. Keeps all the add-ons in plugins instead of different 'forks' of the source. Also less (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

(...) snip (...) WOW. I can't understand how you guys do it. But I get the sneaking suspicion that in order to get what I really want (something that can go seamlessly between .DAT and some commercial 3D CAD package without tons of cleanup) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

Hi! I am thinking of making LDDP open source. The reason I did not so far is that I am using a commercial component for the highlighting editor part. Still i will try to change it to a component you can find in the Jedi VCL that is open source too. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?

hi steve, (...) ??? ... does it mean it just depends on the modeller? how about all this copyright-stuff tim is talking about? (I still try to figure out the difference between downloading a zip-file with all the parts or the single parts and the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

hi darrell, (...) I do ALL the modelling in a 5-dollar-cad-prog called "reflections". it supports only trinagles, has an import for dxf (to import converted dats for measurement) and outputs its one file format and a strage povray. therefore I run (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)

(...) I don't agree :-) As a closed project, it would never get finished (too much for one person) As an open project, it would never get finished (too many different opinions) I think the model of LDDP plugins is the way to go. Standardized (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact