 CAD / Development / 8360
Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:45:29 GMT

hi steve,

I'm a casual user of the LDraw line, using MLCad to look at different MOCs
around the community.  But, I'm constantly plagued by "Part Number ... Not
Found!  Continue Loading?"

I think it would be very cool if editors/renderers would automatically
grab parts from the 'net.  The files have been available from the
website for a couple of years now.

??? ... does it mean it just depends on the modeller? how about all this
copyright-stuff tim is talking about? (I still try to figure out the
difference between downloading a zip-file with all the parts or the single
parts and the fact that we are already grapping single files from the PT -
is there a difference in downloading files with a browser or a modeller -
tim?). would the PT be enough or is a second "official"-db, with subfolders
for the s- p- and 48-parts needed?

w.