 CAD / Development / 8361
Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:06:01 GMT

Hi!

I am thinking of making LDDP open source.

The reason  I did not so far is that I am using a commercial component for
the highlighting editor part.
Still i will try to change it to a component you can find in the Jedi VCL
that is open source too.
Just give me some time and i will make a Sourceforge project of it.

Maybe this is a way to start. Everyone will be invited to participate. I saw
that Anders wrote a nice application for previewing parts. I think that
would be great to have something like this insise LDDP.

And i would like to open more plugin interfaces (e.g. for preview) etc to
still be able to use plugins so everyone doesnt have to change that source
of the program itself if you want to create an expansion.

Just a quick glimpse into the future ;)

Play well

Carsten

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:HAws9t.3I6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager writes:

I really seek one big, fat, all-inclusive prog

I don't agree :-)

As a closed project, it would never get finished (too much for one person)

As an open project, it would never get finished (too many different • opinions)

I think the model of LDDP plugins is the way to go.

Standardized interfaces makes it possible for _many_ programmers to add a
small part to the whole, different users may use different plugins,
according to preferences.

LDDP 'just' needs a couple of more interfaces:

- File Import
- File Export
- Visual editing ('MLCad plugin' :-)
- etc.