 CAD / 9487
Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:28:48 GMT

OK, you had me going there for a second. I started a thread looking for CAD-DAT
file converters and I thought you had one!

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager writes:

* "Created in MAX"??? Of course ... most of the authors take advantage of
professional cad-modeller.

I'm curious how this works (if it's true). Are you guys modeling in
commercial 3D software and then using some level of FEA to write the code? Even
if it's just measuring faces and listing coordinates? Having never been a
"traditional" LDraw author I wouldn't know.

How much of authoring is conceptual sketching/trial&error in MLCAD and how much
is real time 3D modeling?

Darrell