 CAD / 9491
Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:13:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager writes:

I really seek one big, fat, all-inclusive prog

I don't agree :-)

As a closed project, it would never get finished (too much for one person)

As an open project, it would never get finished (too many different opinions)

I think the model of LDDP plugins is the way to go.

Standardized interfaces makes it possible for _many_ programmers to add a
small part to the whole, different users may use different plugins,
according to preferences.

LDDP 'just' needs a couple of more interfaces:

- File Import
- File Export
- Visual editing ('MLCad plugin' :-)
- etc.