 CAD / 9495
Re: My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:48:08 GMT

"Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> skrev i meddelandet

I am thinking of making LDDP open source.

I think it's OK with closed source in a standardized plugin framework. Keeps
all the add-ons in plugins instead of different 'forks' of the source. Also
less discussion :-)

The reason  I did not so far is that I am using a commercial component for
the highlighting editor part.
Still i will try to change it to a component you can find in the Jedi VCL
that is open source too.

SynEdit? Works very well (at least for me), and is easy to use.

Maybe this is a way to start. Everyone will be invited to participate. I • saw
that Anders wrote a nice application for previewing parts. I think that
would be great to have something like this insise LDDP.

You're welcome to the source if you want - it's old, and I don't have much
time for it. My Delphi port of LdLite is very old, and leaking, perhaps you
can fix it :-)

And i would like to open more plugin interfaces (e.g. for preview) etc to
still be able to use plugins so everyone doesnt have to change that source
of the program itself if you want to create an expansion.

Don't forget plugins for load/save, so we can put converters right into
LDDP!

For preview, the polling mode of the renderers should work good enough,
maybe? Of course, I've been advocating a rendering .dll a long time, but
we're not there yet...

There's also the 'problem' of non-Windows systems :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm