 CAD / 9484
9483  |  9485
Subject:
My ideal Part-Authoring-Application (PAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:13:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear Code-gods,

I'd like to thank you for all the little progs and tools you have created
throughout the years. Authoring a part today has become much easier than a
year ago, but... Guys there's always a "but", I get seasick from jumping
from one application to the other. I really seek one big, fat, all-inclusive
prog and in dark, gloomy nights I dream of an authoring tool like this:

* It has MLCad's GUI with a 4-panes-drawing-area, a primitive-preview-pan
and a status bar with coordinates while the...

* List of the used triangles, quads, comments ... looks like LDDP, with the
colored triples and colored line-types. Not to mention that the color number
is shown in the related color.

* It shows parts with smooth, rounded surfaces like LDView and you can turn
off all the different high-quality-settings in the toolbars.

* It should "draw to seletion only" at your wish and offer L3Lab's "mytest6"
views.

* It moves, rotates, snaps to grid (to make it short "mlcadds") and also
stores your update-header in its LDDP-contextual-menu.

* Your killer-application performs L3p -check (-dist, -det) and autofixes
the warnings like LDDP does it on the bad-vertex-sequence.

* This prog fixes concave quads or suggests solutions in a LDView-style.

* Quads, quads? Let me see. Max2Dat's help-files says " All triangular faces
created in MAX are parsed, paired whenever possible and combined to form
.DAT quads to help minimize the size of the output file". Guys ... I
definitely need such a feature.

* "Created in MAX"??? Of course ... most of the authors take advantage of
professional cad-modeller. Therefore our all-inclusive prog supports
in/export for: dxf, 3ds, ai (just for me), lwo, lws, stl ... any rhino-,
maya-, cinema4D-user out there. (I bet Tore will include his Lws4Bryce ...
right?)

* My ideal PAA rewinds polygons like Niel's LDDP-Plugin or fixes them
automatically like Zanette's WINDZ.

* I'm no longer willing to waste time on cond. lines. A plugin like Lummox
JR's Edger has to do the job an I'll decide if it has done a good job.

* My gold-colored submodels are handled in a MPD-MLCad-way. Past'n'copy at
your fingertips.

* Last but not least: It connects do the PT and submits your part - but
(there's always a "but") I would consider this as an optional and could
happily live without it.

Hmm ... 25th of February ... guys there is plenty of time left 'til x-mas.
What are you waitin' for... ROFL

Ciao, W.