 CAD / Development / 7354
  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

Ahui Herrera wrote... (...) Or simply ALWAYS ONLY put stepclock in the main model ? Since L3P doesn't walk the model/part tree (POV does) it doesn't make much sense putting stepclocks in submodels. /Lars (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) This works BUT ONLY if you are NOT doing building instructions of the submodels as well? I'm making builing instructions for the submodels as well so this option is NOT an option for me. =( AHui (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) But don't you make separate building instructions for the submodels ? The way stepclock works today isn't well suited for models containing submodels with steps. If a model includes a submodel in step 3 it will include step 1-3 of the submodel (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) I start off by making one ldraw model first. Usually it has no steps and parts are in NO particular order. Once I got the model done, I go back and begin to figure out what sections should be sub-models if any. At this point I begin to build (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Would that solve all your problems? You always want to ignore steps in submodels when rendering main model? Do you render submodels separately for BI ? /Lars (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

LeoCad can do that sort of thing - but not very straightforward, here is the procedure: - Rename your sub-model as .dat (LeoCad doesn't properly support .dat extension) - Open it with Leocad - Select all parts (edit/select all) and Copy (Ctrl-C) - (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) It would be a solution. Basically in the end I would have 2 set of files: Set 1: for distribution model.mpd (which is made of) complete.ldr submodel1.ldr submodel2.ldr Note that ALL of these files would have their steps IN THEM! So that a user (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

Ahui Herrera wrote... (...) I think we have been talking past each other, especially about what a submodel is, and when it is a submodel. You seem to think of a submodel as being a certain file, and always call it submodel no matter it is rendered (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) quick (...) [x-posted to .mlcad] In MLCad v.2.12, you can select a step, click Edit>Select>Same Items ("Select Same Items" on the movement bar), and press delete! HTH, --Ryan Amateur radio call sign: kb1fob E-mail: ryanjf@ifriendly.com (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Yes I only REALLY need set 1, Set 2 is just to make the builing instructions, move stuff around and ensure that all is okay but it never gets distributed. (...) Yes.. in some case all 'submodels - files referenced by compelete.ldr show up) and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Indeed, this is exactly why I am going to change the functionality of -sc! (...) - then rendering with "l3p -sc complete.ldr" will get you the following: Step 1: all of Pillars.ldr Step 2: all of Pillars.ldr and MainFloor.ldr Step 3: all of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! =) Ahui (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)