 CAD / Development / 6907 (-20)
  Re: Looking for DAT of Wedge Curved 2x6x1

(...) I just picked up set# 7119, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, for the specific purpose of having these four pieces. I've started writing my notes for encoding these into LDraw files. FWIW, here are the part numbers (and descriptions): 41747, "Wedge 2 x 6 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Graphics Gems covers basic stuff only where the presenter has an innovation. But they've been very good over the years. You can get any of their example source code online. Do pay a visit here: (URL) guys were in Gems IIR, and their book is worth (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GrGFrK.9nJ@lugnet.com... (...) There must surely be one (or more) in Graphical Gems (URL) (if that URL still is valid, otherwise search for Graphical Gems) a bit dated, c code, but useful. -- (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

(...) If you don't mind C code, there's the zAddTriangle() function in stub.c in the ldlite or ldglite source code. The old 1.6 ldlite source is a bit easier to follow since it doesn't have all the extra shaders. Also, it's a linear z-buffer, which (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

(...) I may be missing your point/problem but... Think you may need to go bi-linear in your Z calcs. Yes this makes a Suppos'dly one pixel lookup method a two+ per pixel but if you are already using a scan line method you have the precalculated (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Here is one starting point: (URL) of free information, there is at least one quick-and-dirty FAQ under there written by an excited child. You're looking for something about triangle or scan line rasterization with z-buffer. I assume you've done (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Hey all, In trying to implement a LDraw renderer I've been scouring the web looking for raster-painting algorithms. While I've found plenty of line-drawing algorithms (the Bresenham seems to be pretty nice) I haven't found squat for drawing a filled (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) I'm hoping within a couple of month or so (beta with a month or so), but it really depends on how this project goes, and the schedules of anyone who wants to contribute. (...) That shattering sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Kyle McDonald" <kmcdonald@bigfoot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C66F9C8.207030...oot.com... (...) I have made two charts, one for file loading and one for file structure (URL) this location I can place futhermore our conclusions, when we get (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) OK. This is sounding very yummy. When can we start using the frameworks. (...) Nonsense. I got to work and home just fine today, and I even found parking right across from where they had the opening ceremonies. :-) James (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Could you give us an example? By looking at what you've written, I don't understand if one needs an ending tag, or not, to complete the '0 DETAIL' command. Where in the text of the file would this go? How would it look? Thanks a lot. Much (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Well again BFC is only useful for culling surfaces that face away from you. It doesn't really do anything for faces that face you but are blocked by other faces. When I talked about top, left, right, etc, I was envisioning some system by which (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Kyle McDonald" <kmcdonald@bigfoot.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3C671582.801040...oot.com... (...) If the parts are BFC compliant, there's no need to tag for 'top', 'left' etc. as this information is already there in the surface normal (with much (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BrickDraw3D development announcement

(...) Heh heh. Fixed this bug last night. err = glCheckError(); // no error! glBegin(GL_LINES); err = glCheckError(); // dies! In my zeal to add error checking everywhere to find the real error, I put glCheckError inside a lot of glBegin/glEnd (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Category for segments parts

(...) Currently, the approach we take for figuring the location of part files is this: all files a "model builder" might need to use directly belong in /parts/. This includes all composite parts, atomic parts, shortcuts, and segments. Other files go (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) A couple of different approaches to this have been discussed before. I think the most generic solution was to implement a 0 DETAIL <level> meta-command, that would identify the detail-level of the following lines. A 0 detail level indicates (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GrBy72.EJI@lugnet.com... (...) Conclusion: The LineType-classes are wrapper classes for the lines in the dat files. Simple in- and output methods are included, also simple transforming (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: need help w/ name (set #4817)

(...) So, unless someone else chimes in, it looks like these will be the names: 970p4b Minifig Hips with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern 971p4b Minifig Leg Right with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern 972p4b Minifig Leg Left with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Minifig Hair Female

Since the last official parts update, I have relished the ability to put hair on my male minifigures. I humbly request that if anyone would be willing/able, that he would make some Minifig Hair Female. Best regards to all, and thanks. --Ryan (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Yes, What you're describing does sound like BFC to me. As someone else (travis I think?) said, BFC is a useful optimiziation for reducing the number of surfaces that need to be drawn. But it's not the same thing I was talking about. BFC (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact