 CAD / Development / 6787 (-10)
  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) I would assume BlockCAD. Anton? Though compatibility problems might arise if my assumption is correct about center points on parts - if LCD is (and I believe it most definitely will be) designed around the LDraw library, and that is a factor, (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Depends. The issue really is the compatibility between the libraries, if I understand correctly. Different parts libraries have different center points for the parts, and that's the big issue. A conversion table would have to be made between (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) That'd be Karim Nassar's "Artemis" project (URL) but I don't think it covers connectors. ROSCO (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) That'd be Karim Nassar's "Artemis" project (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Not sure. LEGO(r)'s own internal format? There IS one but few know details. The LEGO Creator(tm) format? In fact one would speculate that a "good" Creator-like program would need this info to be workable. LEOCad(tm) uses same/different format? (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) OK, I see where you're at on that. Yes... it would be nice to just put it in the DAT file itself. Huge advantage to that is that it's there. No need for clunky lookaside files to correlate against. Huge disadvantage of course is that the DAT (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Is there a contemporaneous format to which LCD could apply? (honest question) (...) LEGO is sensitive about the use of their name. [No different than GoB(tm)] (...) I think it now stands for LDraw, formerly it was something like LEGO Draw. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Correct. I was not faulting the authors. I only intended to point out that the community needs to work with them to flesh out the model. I hate to throw in jargon and buzzwords into a discussion, but we will need to either build or adopt an (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Oh. I hope so. That makes more sense (at least in my head.) From some of what I read though, I got the impression that the modelling tool was supposed to get the geometry from the DAT file, but lookup the connectivity of the part in some other (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact