 CAD / Development / 6445
Re: Codes for New Colors (was: Sand Red Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:34:27 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

I was my impression that colors 256 to 511 are dithered
combinations of colors 0 to 15, and that the RGB was the calculated
average of the two dithered colors.  The RGB of dithered colors is
just mentioned in the FAQ as a convenience.

I forgot to reply to this part of your message!  Steve Bliss said that
the RGB values in his table were from Suzanne D. Rich's LEGO colour
page.  Hence, they are approximations to the real RGB values of the
bricks, not the averaged RGB values.

That was my understanding, anyway!

Fredrik