 CAD / Development / 6440
Re: Codes for New Colors (was: Sand Red Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 06:06:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
[In a brilliant blaze of thread micro-management, I've XPOSTed and FUTed
lugnet.cad.dev]

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mike and Steve:

Please write me, when you decide which colour number is
apropriate for "sand red", so I can update the colour list in
the LDraw FAQ.

I can't say anything's decided(1), but I went over the new colors and the
color chart, and I've listed some suggestions below.  Let me know what you
think.

Light Gray (like from Mosaic)
  LDraw: 503
  RGB:   230,227,218

Maybe I didn't understand something right, but the LDraw FAQ in section 20
mentiones that colors from 256 to 511 are dithered and not solid!
So how can we have colors there? Are we not supporting dithered colors anymore?
Or what is the real color use now?

Michael