 CAD / Development / 6421
6420  |  6422
Subject:
Codes for New Colors (was: Sand Red Bricks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:21:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[In a brilliant blaze of thread micro-management, I've XPOSTed and FUTed
lugnet.cad.dev]

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mike and Steve:

Please write me, when you decide which colour number is
apropriate for "sand red", so I can update the colour list in
the LDraw FAQ.

I can't say anything's decided(1), but I went over the new colors and the
color chart, and I've listed some suggestions below.  Let me know what you
think.

Light Gray (like from Mosaic)
   LDraw: 503
   RGB:   230,227,218

{Dark Red} (like from set 10019, Star Wars Rebel Blockade Runner)
   LDraw: 323

Light Red
   LDraw: 463
   RGB:   255,201,196

Sand Red
   LDraw: 335
   RGB:   212,163,157

{Flesh} (from Duplo figures)
   LDraw: 28
   RGB:   250,163,157

{Light Yellowish-green}
   LDraw/LDLite: 27
   RGB:   229,255,168

Bright Green
   LDraw: 418
   RGB:   0,191,89

Sand Green
   LDraw: 378
   RGB:   159,204,180

{Sand Blue}
   LDraw: 379
   RGB:   159,178,191

{Sand Violet}
   LDraw: 373
   RGB:   175,150,180

The RGB values and some of the color names are taken from Suzanne Rich's
color charts at <http://www.baseplate.com/colors>.

--
Steve
1) Actually, that's a theme for my life.  Nothing's ever decided.