 CAD / Development / 6307 (-20)
  Re: Datsville continuation - more ideas

Here's a first working version of what I was thinking about: (URL) *.box files have to be in the P, Parts, Models, or LDraw BaseDirectory. The boxes.lst file has to be in the LDraw BaseDirectory. Will it make life easier for the POV-Ray engine? (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need info help

(...) has been done before trying to start it... in this case the part exists already, or so it seems. Mark, take heed. (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Need info help

Here's Bram Lambrecht's round shield (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need info help

I thought someone had already made one of these. It may not be "official" yet, however. I will look in my MLCAD directories and see if I can find it. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> (...) series. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need info help

(...) Two suggestions 1. Learn how to cross post instead of posting multiple copies of the same post to different groups, it keeps the threads better organized. It is not hard to do and is very very useful. 2. Try to see if you can actually get a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.castle)

  Need info help

Am working on modeling the Round Shield from the LEGOLAND Castle series. However, since I do not actually own such a piece, I don't know how big it actually is. It looks bigger than a 2x2 round, but I need some more info. Can anyone help? Mark C. (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RFC: New game Legator

Hi, I baught LEGO Creator some time ago and liked it, mostly. I was surprised by the comfort, speed and fun of building. It was very similar to playing real LEGO. But it had a few major problems, namely: * Cannot tilt bricks * Small array of brick (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.games, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

(...) Nope, sorry. The zip file downloads now, but it's corrupt. Did you forget to upload it in binary mode? The first image of the rubberband also still doesn't work. (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

How do you get the .PGM format? I have converted .DEM to .BMP before. Is it much different? Mike PS - Do you have any screenshots? I noticed there weren't any on your website. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

(...) I believe I fixed the bugs. The image was desigated as a local file, and the zip file was incorrectly titled. And for anyone interested, the .dat file for the rubber-band gun can be found here: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

Now it appears that not only the link is broken but also the zip file. It is missing a few bits and PKUnzip will not process it. Joseph (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

Try going to (URL) then scrolling down to library.zip...click and save. Joseph (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: About the great datsville

(...) [...] (...) I just took a look in the LDGLite documentation, and it mentions using "j" and "J" for selecting parallel and perspective projection, respectively. Can this be done from the command line? How? And how do I set the "camera" and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

It looks really great, but the library link (URL) is broken. /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

(...) Blasphemer! Blasphemer! That's not LEGO! Just kidding. :-) Actually, this is really cool. I've been thinking for a couple of weeks of asking if anyone had made K'Nex pieces for LDraw. I was wanting to draw up some ideas to share with my cousin (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

K'nex is now available in .dat-file format! Over the past couple of months, I have built a library consisting of 17 parts and 8 primitives with which you can make virtual models of K'nex constructions. And of course it is fully renderable using L3P (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

I wrote: [...] (...) [...] A slightly cleaned up version of this example can be found in the updated source distribution of my fractal landscape generator. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

Jaco: (...) pgm_to_ldraw -colour 2 -height 30 < terrain.pgm > terrain.dat (or were you asking for a bit more than that?) Lets try to make a 32 by 32 knob 30 plates high relatively soft all-green landscape: fractal_landscape -width 32 -height 32 -h (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

Jacob, Could you give some example command lines please? Gr. Jaco (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

Mike: (...) My "fractal landscape" package can do that, if you can figure out how to convert your terrain to Portable Graymap (PGM) format: (URL) "Preserve wildlife, pickle a duck." (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact