 CAD / Development / 5812
Re: Special tools used to build/design parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:17:04 GMT

Hello everybody

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:57:00 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Marc Klein created the .stl to .dat converter.  One thing that makes the
conversion difficult is the edgelines and conditional edgelines used in
the .dat format.  Marc can provide more info on its capabilities--I hope
it works out for you.

My stl2dat converter handles the edgelines and conditional edgelines. The conditional edgelines are created between two
facets when the angle between these two facets is below a given value. This value can be set. If the angle is greater,
then a edgeline is created.

There are higher res. versions of some of the circle-based primitives.
Ldraw and most of the subsequent rendering engines only render lines,
triangles and (maybe) quads, so all other primitives must break down into
them.

-John Van

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.