 CAD / Development / 5810
Re: Special tools used to build/design parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:07:37 GMT

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:59:51 GMT, Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote:

And Marc Klein has created an STL2DAT
utility, but I don't remember what the STL format is. :(  Some people use
MLCAD to create part files.

The STL format is used for the stereolithography fast prototyping machines. It choose this format because it can be
produced by almost all CAD programs and its format is public. It also has the great advantage that the part are
described with triangles, like DAT format. So the difficult problem of facetisation is handled by the CAD program
itself.
Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.