 CAD / Development / 5802
Re: Special tools used to build/design parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John VanZwieten writes:

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote in
message news:G5vw45.84H@lugnet.com...

Marc Klein created the .stl to .dat converter.  One thing that makes the
conversion difficult is the edgelines and conditional edgelines used in
the .dat format.  Marc can provide more info on its capabilities--I hope
it works out for you.

Hey, this could work!  I can spit .STLs outta Pro/E no-problemo.
I do it all the time at work.  For Steve, I believe the "STL"
stands for "stereolithography".  We generate these files at work
and feed them into a stereolithography machine.  It "grows"
replicas of the part contained in the .STL file out of resin.
We use these resin parts (rapid prototypes) for mock-ups and
for patterns to make metal castings.

Where can I find this STL2DAT converter?  Is it on Ldraw.org?

Thanx,
KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada