 CAD / Development / 5612 (-20)
  Re: Dull metal color?

(...) Yes indeed! Would I simply change the reflectivity of the color? That seems pretty easy; I'll try it when I get home. Thanks! Dave! (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dull metal color?

(...) If I recall correctly, the FAQ says to use the same color code (#383). If ray-tracing (using POV-RAY), you can distinguish be encoding a variant of the translated color -- I'm assuming you'll be using L3P -- to have a non-reflective version of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Dull metal color?

Is there an LDraw color code for silvery metal other than bright chrome? I'm thinking something more along the lines of dull silver-grey, like the wheels on some Technic sets. Any guesses? Dave! (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: bend thingie creator.

(...) It's very cool indeed, I've been trying to do something like this for LeoCAD but I'm using Hermite curves and the user is able to move the control points and direction vectors interactively. Everything works reasonably well but I'm having (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: Light.dat Author?

(...) IIRC, LIGHT.DAT was a collaborative effort between Lutz and James before Lars released L3P. Since few people other than James modeled parts before he passed away, my guess is that James wrote the actual code for the file (all 3 lines :) --Bram (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Light.dat Author?

I feel really silly, but do any of you old-timers remember who wrote LIGHT.DAT? I don't have a clear recollection. I'm pretty sure it was either James, Lutz, or Lars. Anyone? Anyone? Steve (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) We're working on more FAQ material. (...) If anyone wants Franklin's help (he's enthusiastic and prolific! :), be sure to drop him a line. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) I started thinking about the potential conflict while I was composing the list. But I'd rather use (a, b, c, ...) suffixes (suffices? suffii?) for usage #1, to keep those ID numbers as short as possible--we're already seeing the effect of a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

WOW ! If ML-CAD will be faster that will be really breakthrough ! ;) It will be SUPER ! Rene (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: bend thingie creator.

I'm very happy to get such a good reaction. Edgelines are coming later on because this requires some big changes, now i draw the axle and place cilinders over it, so edgelines would be crossing, this isn't good so I will have to change this method. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

(...) Stop it, Michael! You're making me drool on myself! This sounds so good, I can hardly stand the wait. It's almost as bad as the wait for Christmas! When do you think you'll be able to incorporate this into an MLCad release? I don't want to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMO...tninet.se> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G4DFH9.609@lugnet.com... (...) realy (...) too, (...) Sure I will tell you - but before I have to complete this work ... currently I'm trying to eleminate a side effect of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: bend thingie creator.

Wow! This thing is incredible. This program doesn't just turn a bunch of subparts, it actually creates the axle out of triangles. The output is beautiful! It was missing the edgelines, though. Any chance you could add support for electric wires? (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) Interesting. I like the idea. One (semi-related) thought, though... *Where* are all these meta-statements documented? Is the location/URL of this documentation readily available to *new* (or forgetful) LCAD authors? Lately, I answered several (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) number", (...) OK - point taken - and based on this well-reasoned argument I am happy to go with the pXX nomenclature. I feel a little uneasy about the possible conflict between the first and third usages - with the benefit of hindsight might (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

This is a proposal for a new meta-statement/header line for parts files. I'm hanging this off the pattern-id discussion, because it relates to patterned parts. The basic idea is this: right now, there are three ways to see if there is a relation (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

Forward: I'd rather stick with using P as the patterned-element designator. Add letters to the suffix, to allow up to 1296 patterns per part. If this is not enough, then define another letter-designator in addition to the P. If we get 1500 patterns (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

(...) But I hope you can tell later! Perhaps other programs can use the idea too, and get better! Anders Isaksson (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) Rather than the suggestion of using alpha characters, in the "pattern number", have we considered allowing other characters in the sixth position - so we allow nnnnnp00-nnnnnp99 nnnnnq00-nnnnnq99, nnnnnr00-nnnnnr99, etc as valid patterned part (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

(...) You think YOU'RE happy? I'm ecstatic! WooHoo! I've loved MLCad from the first moment I saw it, and after I downloaded it (version 1.9R4) I loved it even more! Then came version 1.99R1, and now that MLCad supports modelling primitives so much (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact