 CAD / Development / 5603
Re: bend thingie creator.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:02:34 GMT

I'm very happy to get such a good reaction.
Edgelines are coming later on because this requires some big changes, now i
draw the axle and place cilinders over it, so edgelines would be crossing,
this isn't good so I will have to change this method.

adding electric wires should be quite simple. I see that the 4*4 electric
plate with wireend is already present,
however, since it is probably prettier to let the wire bend directly at the
beginnen of the plate , this wireend should be removed,  is this possibly,
perhaps as a new part?
Another problem I can see with the wire is that it would be the easiest to
place using the coordinats from the plate, yet this would generate a lot of
confuse for the coordinats of the first reference point, so it might be
easier to just use the complete rotation matrix from the plate-part.

I'm definitely going to look at this but it's a little bit busy right now so
I can't garantee it will be there quick.
It's the first thing on my to do list however.

thank you for using the bend thingie creator :-)
Koen

John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
G4E117.FKJ@lugnet.com...
Wow!  This thing is incredible.  This program doesn't just turn a bunch of
subparts, it actually creates the axle out of triangles.  The output is
beautiful!  It was missing the edgelines, though.

Any chance you could add support for electric wires?