 CAD / Development / 5599
Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

The meta-statement would look like this:

0 BASE[:] <type> <base-part>

This meta-statement would appear in the header of certain parts
which are derived from another part.  Only one meta-statement
would appear in a single part-file, and it could only reference
one parent part.  This would allow for many derived parts
to reference a single base part.

Any reactions to this?

Interesting.  I like the idea.

One (semi-related) thought, though...
*Where* are all these meta-statements documented?
Is the location/URL of this documentation
readily available to *new* (or forgetful) LCAD authors?

Lately, I answered several posts to new LCAD authors,
trying to share what knowledge I've gleaned from my efforts,
and one of the usual comments I receive from them
is that there is no centralized resource
containing all of the relevant documentation
for thee LCAD newbies (i.e., *ONE* location/URL
with *ALL* the info).

Just food for thought.  If there's anything I can do
to help, please LMK, and I'd be happy to assist
in any way that I can.

Thanks,
Franklin