 CAD / Development / 5411
Re: Seams like a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:27:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes:

I'm a bit uncertain what you mean by SUBparts. I would call the
DAT files in PARTS for parts, and those in PARTS\S for subparts.

L3P/L3Lab does not make seams for subparts, as the seams will be
made for the part referencing the subpart. Also parts referenced
by other parts will not have seams (a right wing referencing a
mirrored left wing should not have seams twice).

  I noticed it during a little part authoring, in which I created a file in
\parts\s for a bit of the part that was repeated several times within the
part.  When I render the part in POV-ray via L3P, I notice seams between
instances of the subpart.  It's possible that I've positioned the subparts
imprecisely, creating the seams due to slight misalignment.
  I'm reluctant to opt for altering the seam width, since I might use the part
in a model in which seams are desireable.  When I get home I'll try to post a
picture of the rendered part and I'll also look into the positioning of the
subparts to make sure I haven't simply placed them incorrectly.

  Thanks once again for your help!

     Dave!