 CAD / Development / 4387 (-20)
  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) As someone pointed out once, it's not a big deal to get all windings the same before passing the data to OpenGL. Just swap the order of the points. For quads, switch points 2 and 4. For triangles, switch points 2 and 3. This could/should be (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 71184 Bar 4.5L Straight is too short

(...) I'll doublecheck this issue tonight. Seems like we had this discussion before, but I don't remember the details. Argh. Steve (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) The primitives should be the first thing fixed, in any case. :) I think it would be safe for the cleanup program to assume that primitives are BFC-ready. Which could be a help for automatic cleanup of part files. (...) Some technical points: (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) Would it help to get primitive files cleaned up, and then make use of what is known of the faces in the primitive to decide the orientation of faces in the part? What I mean is, if you follow a ray from the center of a face, and the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The geometry of minifigs

(...) No, it doesn't. But it has the head, arms, hands, legs and hips. Fredrik (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  71184 Bar 4.5L Straight is too short

Hi, I just noticed that the part "71184 Bar 4.5L Straight" is too short. According to my findings, it should have been approx 8 LDU longer. Fredrik (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Are anybody working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?

(...) cad modeller and then converted by stl2dat ! wasn't it ? I would like to recommend you and every body else which will use this type of lego part building (CAD -> convert program(ex:stl2dat)), to be very carefull with the tesselation (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) When do you actually stop, when you find the correct orientation ? or after a few fixed iterations ? Eventually you could end up with an infinite loop if you are not carefull. That method does NOT really garantees any correct results due to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The geometry of minifigs

(...) Da, you are correct. I'd go with the (14,0) shoulder position -- it has better (hidden) precision. 14.345 is derived, as you pointed out, and it is rounded. Does LGEO have the minifig torso? It'd be so nice to have truly rounded edges and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The geometry of minifigs

(...) Ok, thanks. I understand. It's not interesting for me (in this setting) to know the angles and offsets of the _true_ minifig. What is of interest is the values that were used to _model_ the minifig. This is because what I want to do is to pose (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Are anybody working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?

(...) minifig scale battle droids from the LEGO System Star Wars theme. Of course, I am also very happy to see that you are working on the larger version you showed me above. Great work! Fredrik (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) When it finds that any face of a primitive needs to be inverted. We would have to fix the current primitives so that all faces are pointing to the same direction. Take a look at the sphere primitive for example, it has faces pointing inside (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) I can't speak for the other programs but if you allow a part to have CCW and CW faces in any OpenGL program, it's going to be slower (but as LeoCAD's library is pre-processed than it won't be a problem). If you have some parts BFC compliant (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) That would be the fastest option for rendering. (...) If anyone wants to take a look and help, I can send the source to what I have done so far (it needs VC++ 5.0). I have started working and I won't have much time to improve it. (...) I still (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) I agree that an automatic process might not always work 100% but it can make parts almost perfect and with only a small effort you'll be able to completely fix them. (...) I think I'm using what you call odd/even, I cast a ray from the center (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) If you use a 3D card then the speed increase from BFC becomes negligible, I've tried to activate BFC on LeoCAD and it didn't show a big difference with the current library. Keep in mind that the current cards (except the newer GeForce) have a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Are anybody working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?

(...) Have a look here (URL) Klein A Mindstorms fan. (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  stl2dat converter now read binary stl

Good news for Autocad part developers ! My stl2dat converter now reads binary stl files. It recognises binary files automatically. I also introduced a new option to set the origin, because some cad-cam programs can only produce stl files where all (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The geometry of minifigs

(...) No, the part is authored with an angle of 9.782. The (x,y) values of the lower facet of the shoulder is (14.345,2) and that at the waist is (19,29) - hence 4.655/27. Or alternatively the top of the torso is (14,0), giving 5/29 - the same (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Are anybody working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?

Are anybody currently working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms? I would like to use these in a model, and would be quite happy with some simple mock ups. Thanks! Fredrik (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact