 CAD / Development / 4378
Re: The geometry of minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:18:36 GMT

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> writes:

No, the part is authored with an angle of 9.782. The (x,y) values
of the lower facet of the shoulder is (14.345,2) and that at the
waist is (19,29) - hence 4.655/27. Or alternatively the top of the
torso is (14,0), giving 5/29 - the same ratio.

Ok, thanks.  I understand.  It's not interesting for me (in this
setting) to know the angles and offsets of the _true_ minifig.  What
is of interest is the values that were used to _model_ the minifig.
This is because what I want to do is to pose the minifig LDraw parts
in various situations, and want to make sure that the parts connect
correctly to each other.  I'm sure other people have experienced a
similar problem before.

Fredrik